Tuesday, July 08, 2014

How do they make socks?

***************************

That thought struck as I was pulling on a sock this morning.

I mean, we take socks for granted - don't give them a second glance. But suppose we had to make out own? Knit them? How would we get the elastic in? The elastic that stops them from slipping down?

Then again, there's underpants. I cannot begin to understand how they manufacture underpants. And yet, somebody has to. If someone asks you what you do for a living, and you say 'I'm a surgeon', they're impressed. But if you said 'I make underpants' they would probably laugh. But they wouldn't laugh if their underpants kept falling down because they'd not been made properly. Or, even worse, it they had no underpants at all, and had to suffer the resultant itchiness throughout the day.

It's these little, seemingly unimportant things that matter in Life.

No comments: