Saturday, December 06, 2014

'Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world...'

I don't know why I started with that quote... it just came into my head.

Anyway... Thanks to R J Adams and 'anonymous' ( I'm not often told that I've been missed... so thanks.)

A friend of mine said that you shouldn't post on your blog anything you wouldn't nail to your front door. Well, you should see the stuff I do nail to my front door (perhaps I'll take a photo and post it here).

I didn't get dressed until 4pm today. I told Amy, my granddaughter, that I was training to be a teenager. She said 'Well, everyone's entitled to a lazy day.' Which bucked me up.

I haven't got much done though.  Somebody said I should make a list - but I've got so much to do that I haven't time to make a list. Christmas is always a stressful time for me. Now if I were a psychotherapist - which I once was - but am not now - I might have some ideas about that...

So I walked to the pub to have a think. Pubs are great for thinking in - a sort of 'think tank', that's what a pub is.

I said 'Come landlord fill the flowing bowl, until it doth run over'.
'Are you taking the piss.' he growled.
 'Sorry,' I said, 'a pint of lager please.'

I often write when I'm in a pub. You're never alone with a notebook and pen. Of course, I'm not always on my own. Oh no - I often meet with Arfon and Geoff and Tony...

They say tomorrow is another day. But a day is something we make up - just for convenience. Really it's all just slabs of light and dark, one after the other. The Indians used to mark their 'days' in moons - I learned that from cowboy movies.

Goodnight.

No comments: