Saturday, June 10, 2006

A

I have had a letter from my dear Anna. I asked if I could reproduce it here (all my posts are now scrutinized by either Greta or Bernie) and it was agreed that I could - but with certain parts censored. - I don't know why. Anyway here it is:

Allo Georgie

I am looking forward to us splicing our nuptials. Such excitement, eh?

On the nightXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXyjama cord.

My brother Sven he is coming over for the wedding. He is – what you are calling – giving me away.
Sven is pretty big fish in Swedish film pond. I ask him bring over video to show you example of his work: very tasteful, beautifully lit. (we could watch on our wedding night). So much is Sven in demand, but he is making space in his busy schedules to be with us on our happiest of days - just as soon as we are fixing date of course.

And don’t you be worrying about XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXom all night pharmacy.

Be sure you are getting a good solicitor for the divorcings. That cow of a wife is slippery customer, be making no mistake of that. She is out to take you for all she can get.

Of course she does have not the slightest knowing of our plans for wedding lock. And I am making sure she does not get a sniff of them with that outrageous conk of hers.

The horrible clergy person is round the house all times of the day and night – oh and that is reminding of me: as you know we are not much of the religion in Sweden so your little Anna is not wanting the church wedding with choirboys organs, and stuff. Just a simple ceremoniously – so long as is legal, eh?

Oh also. Your little cherubim has gotten a part timely job so as to make a bit of money for maybe helping out with the expenses of honeymoon. Three nights of the week I am pulling at the King’s Head, the pints of beer. Jake (the landlord) says business has perked up since I been giving them beer- handles a good yank. The boys who drink there say I make good head on beer. They like that much.

Some of the boys are chatting me down when they had a few. Asking to walk me home and such. But not to worry. I tell them, I am not walking home with any ones of you. Besides, Jake has the big Mercedes car and he gives me lift every evening after we close. Such a fine vehicle with the large spaciousness and the reclining leather seats. Of course I am preferring the Volvo, being my own country car, but as they say ‘barmaids can’t be choosers’ ( little Swedish joke to cheer you up).


Must be closing for now my Georgie, as the old bat wife (soon to be ex, eh?) is wanting me to curl her hair.

Oh, and when you go to bed tonight you shouXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXetter in the morning.

Yours in matrimony

Anna


1 comment:

girlzoot said...

Huh, and that is the stuff they found okay for George to read? Hrmm. Disturbing enough.