Friday, June 09, 2006

Tea time


This is a picture of my Monday tea. You may call it dinner – or even supper – we call it tea.
They serve it very nicely, as you can see.
We have a choice. I chose the potato croquettes and the fish fingers. I didn’t choose the peas – they come with the fish fingers.

For example: if you choose chips and egg, you would get baked beans with that – even if you had not ordered the beans. Because they come with the egg.


I did not eat all of the peas. There was nothing wrong with them. I just did not fancy them.
The egg custard was very nice too. Although I did not eat the pastry. I asked for a spoon and I spooned out the custard (flavoured with nutmeg – gives it a lift).
When I say I did not eat the pastry, I did eat the crinkly edge of the tart, which is quite crusty because it is above the custard filling. I like that. But I did not eat the rest of the pastry because the filling makes it quite soggy.
They don’t complain if you leave anything. Which is good.

No comments: