Tuesday, August 22, 2006


The last remaining Steam Driven Post Office in the British Isles.

I took this photo on my way to the station. I thought it deserved the black and white treatment, since it belongs to an age when everything happened in black and white.

An age when Britain truly was Great. An empire upon which the sun never set (though it rained quite a lot).
And even now, note, it is GREAT Britain. You don't hear of Great France or Great America.

The steam engine was, of course a British invention (along with nearly everything else). They say the wheel was a Chinese invention. How absurd. Notice that every word connected with the wheel: rim, spoke, hub, axle are English words.

I realise that the photo may be a give away as to my present location. But I don't care. Things have gone beyond the caring stage.
But I am nervous, as I go to meet my true love. It has been so long. How long is it now? I can't remember.

I quicken my walk.

No comments: