Friday, January 12, 2007

THE SHOW MUST GO ON?

We are all responsible for the situation in which we find ourselves. If we chose to be born into a particular family at a particular time in order to learn something, then we are responsible for our present state of being.
But if we chose to be born, then perhaps we have a right to decide when it’s time to ‘ring down the curtain’. When the play has been running long enough; the bouquets and the standing ovations a thing of the past; the audience becoming restive, the applause thinning out until it is hardly audible.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, George, that's baloney and you know it. Life isn't a play that the audience has seen over and over till it becomes bored with the actors and plot. Life is a constantly changing play, more like a video adventure game, where unknown and exciting events occur when we least expect it. To terminate prematurely is to miss out on wonders yet to be experienced.

You're just depressed because of too many women interfering in your life. I saw a medium once, years ago when I was being henpecked by two of my ex-lovers making my life miserable. I never told her about them but she said, "There are two women on your back verbally abusing you. Don't listen to them. Send them away. The path you've chosen is the right one for you."
I took her advice (well, actually it was the advice of my Zulu spirit guide, she said) and never looked back. You should do the same. Tell Myra to stuff her calendar. Tell the Swedish tart to bugger off back to Scandinavia. Go your own way and do your own thing. You won't regret it.

And if you do, I'll swear I never said this.