Friday, December 21, 2012

We're still here


***************************************

Oh, Anna, what a time we have had of it, eh?

Just think, could you have ever had imagined all that's gone on in these past few weeks?

I don't know about you but I am both exhilarated and exhausted.

And we are still here! This Mayan calender thing... what was that all about? Scholars say that it predicted the end of a cycle, and not the end of the world.

Well, I have seen the end of a cycle - someone has nicked my bike from outside the library.

But someone else has given me one... a mountain bike. Needs some attention but it's a good bike.

A verse for you:

When you and I recede from view
We'll be replaced by someone new,
Of course they won't be half as good -
I really don't see how they could -

But we're still here, and in full view -
And we've got lots of things to do.

As ever

George

1 comment:

R J Adams said...

Merry Christmas, George - you randy old bugger!