Tuesday, February 04, 2014

The Media creates our world view

**************************

Okay, so you know that. But are you aware of what it means?

It creates our reality. Unless we make strenuous and consistent efforts to be on our guard. And that's tiring.

I know you're too busy at the knowledge factory, Anna, to be bothered with this frivolous blogging thing, but that's okay. I shall continue to plow my lonely furrow!

Is it 'plow'? or should it be 'plough'? No, I get a red underlining when I try this (perhaps 'plow' is the American spelling - you colonials have a lot to answer for, eh? No, it's just another example of the directness of Americans. George Bernard Shaw would have approved - even though he never got his Esperanto.

Here's a teaser, Anna. What (according to GBS) does this word mean: ghoti ?

Butt does it all bloody matter! Words are my business; I am a wordsmith. Often trapped in my world of words, forgetting that they are only symbols - not the real things they are supposed to represent.

Anyway, enough of this. I'm going to get my breakfast.

No comments: