Monday, September 29, 2014

Another day, another dollar!

******************************

Another day dawns and, once the dust of dreams has settled, you get up and get on with it. Of course I am grateful for being alive - and a bit guilty for not feeling as grateful as I know I should.

'Should' - what a word that is. We are plagued by 'shoulds' and 'oughts'. What about 'wants' and 'needs'!

I think that the ideal society would be one where the needs of the individual are the same as the needs of society. (Or at least, as near a fit as possible). Maybe that's a long way off.

In the meantime let's watch 'Jeremy Kyle'. Oh, it's time for a commercial break.

It's a dull morning (weather-wise). There's a song: Somewhere the sun in shining/Oh honey don't you cry. I guess the sun is shining, somewhere; probably Iraq and Syria.

I wonder if they wake up there and say 'Oh no, not another bloody hot day!' I doubt it; it is we British who are obsessed with weather, probably because we never know from one day to the next what it's going to be like.

I look out the window. A man on a huge quad-bike thing is going along, sweeping the gutter. That's technology for you.

Of course, the sun is always shining. If you get up there, above the clouds. Maybe I should take a plane somewhere: Croatia? Slovenia?

I think that's what I need: lots of sunshine. I bought one of those 'daylight' lamps a few years ago. I used it the first winter. Don't know if it worked or not. Hard to assess these things. So many variables.

Well, I shall get my breakfast, and then I have some 'admin' to do.

Have a nice day, Y'all.

No comments: