Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Time to upgrade?


I've had a text from my network supplier suggesting it's time I upgraded my phone.

Maybe they are right. Perhaps it is a good idea to keep abreast with technology. On the other hand, I think we should bear in mind that technology is for us - not us for technology, and resist being led by the nose by this wonderful human development.

It's a question of individuals choosing  what bits of technology are really useful to them.

I was thinking, what if this 'upgrading' philosoply could be applied to non-technology!

 Imagine getting a text saying 'It's time you upgraded your house? Your job?

 Or, how about 'It's time you upgraded your partner. You've had him/her for 5 years and there have been a lot of improvements since then.

It would be interesting to see the response.

1 comment:

R J Adams said...

I've upgraded my partner five times, George, but I'm still using a mobile phone I got in 2003.
What does this tell us?