Thursday, April 12, 2012

Balls

Well, Anna, you may remember this photo... it was taken some years ago when I was trying to get my head together. 
Happily I am now much more centred and 'on the ball'.
Talking of balls - I have a few in my court at the moment. Including yours. So I shall return it now - with  a lot of topspin. Look out!

I am sorry we were not able to rendezvous over the weekend, but my brother Hector has been released into the community and has told the authorities that I will be responsible for him - what a nerve!
Naturally, I want to get this all straightened out, but for the moment he is kipping on Mrs Bulstrode's sofa. (Heart of gold, that woman).
He still has that nasty habit - which we won't go into - and he doesn't keep himself too clean, generally. But strangely, Mrs B has taken quite a shine to him. In a way, this lets me off the hook a bit - still, we cannot go on with this strange menage a trois - it just isn't seemly. (there is nothing sexual about it, I hasten to add... it is just so weird).

Coming back to photographs, I have recently been using my old lubitel 166. I bought a roll of HP5 and have taken a few pictures (I will let you see them later). It feels good to use once again a fully 'manual' camera: no automatic wind-on (you have the little red window and have to watch for the numbers as you wind the film); no exposure meter (I am using an equally ancient 'Leningrad') and of course the old 12 on 120 (21/4 square negatives).

Anyway, I shall have to go - I can hear Hector singing downstairs. I fear Mrs Bulstrode's got a few cans in.

Soon to be re-united

George





No comments: