Saturday, April 28, 2012

STRIKE

****************************
Did you know, Anna, that your head is heavier than a medium bowling ball?


I know because I am going for an X ray on my neck. The doctor thinks I may have something called Spondylitis and when I looked it up on the internet I found the useful little snippet about how heavy your head is.


This why, when I was ice skating, the coach would say... Don't lean forward, the weight of your head will tip you on your face. (On one occasion I realised my head was tilting forward and flung it back... too far back, and I fell backwards, cracking my head on the ice -
It's an 'extreme sport' , ice skating.)


I will let you know how I go on.


And, by the way... 'a big doll on strings' - you Swedish ignoramous.


They were re-enacting a true story of a little girl whose father was on the Titanic; she was wandering around Liverpool asking for news of him. Eventually she met up with her uncle (60 feet high in the re-enactment and dressed as a deep-sea diver) and they sailed off together (in the re-enactment, that is).


Don't worry, we shall meet in the near future - I promise you.


Your George



No comments: