Saturday, August 04, 2012

Oh Georgie, Georgie...

But what are we to be doing with you? I am asking myself. Such is your downward spirit at this moment.

It is so easy for me, being of the high spirited disposition to be saying snap it out of whatever it is you are in. But I know this not to be so easy as it is just saying so. I partly know such by talking to Dave who has what is called the 'Bi polar' disease which means he swing rapidly from up to down in mood, often no warning is coming.

When he is in down mood he wishes to do nothing except sleep, often going to bed for this purpose. Yesterday in afternoon was such an occasion and he asked me to accompany him because he also become very anxious and in need of warmth and reassurance, which I give him.

I also tell Dave about your concern for the natural selection and how we come to have self-consciousness and why. Dave tells me that the homo sapiens did not get this condition all of a sudden in one go. Like suddenly jump up one day and say - Bloody Hell - We're all going to die.

No, because evolution work very slowly and Dave think that the self-consciousness evolve slowly over long period of time. And he also think it because of brain getting more and more sophisticate and learning how to plan ahead for future. Which is not like just - Oh shit, what we gonna have for tea? I shall have to go out with my club and bash some grizzly bear on head and take back to cave.

No, it means being able to think about Sunday dinner and then for next month, like stocking up larder. In this way homo sapien brain  get bigger and bigger and be able to think further and further into future, so as to prepare for time of no rain or being snowed up and stuff like that. Or maybe thinking, if we can kill a woolly mammoth and pack him in ice he will see us through Christmas and well into New Year.


Of course- Dave says - they will have noticed that some of their family and friends have suddenly stop running around and breathing, but this does not mean you think this will happen to you. Like a dog does not think - oh the humans next door have bunged old Charlie into hole in garden. That means us dogs are mortal.
No, he just think -  I'll jump over fence and see if they give me any of Charlie's biscuits what he won't be needing now.

Eventually - after long time this is - some very smart gene types is beginning to understand as how homo sapien is mortal. And these smart types say - Best if we invent religion because when masses get wise they will panic and demand to know what happen when they pop off. So we can promise masses they will go live in other place which is heaven (so long as they behaves themselves) otherwise it is fiery furnace. In this way masses don't go run amok and bugger it up for everyone.

So this is how - maybe over thousands and thousands of years - we evolve self-consciousness.

That was Dave talking.

Now this is Anna talking.

But so what, Georgie? So we know we are mortal. Is this not a good thing? For now we can get on with it... or get it on (little joke) and eat, drink and be mirthful (as old English saying) or 'fill yer boots' which is other saying.

You say we are like puppet who can look up, see strings and can do nothing. But I say - Oh yes we bloody can! We can cut strings and learn to dance to our own tune! 

In this way we give selfish gene good kick up arse.

(Do not pedantically advise me this is a mixing of metaphors because this I know - and am not giving a shit!)  

But anyways I will give you good practical example of way to live when we conjoin for the next time. Oh yes - you lucky boy.

Dave's feet smell. He say he have athlete's foot which one does not need to be sportsperson to have such horrible disease. Anyways, I tell him he must visit physician pronto or he is back on sofa. Luckily he does not have this smelliness anywhere else on body (I have good sniff).

So do not worry - I make sure he does not infect Anna with his mouldy toes. I would not wish to visit upon my Georgie this disgusting fungus - nor upon oneself of course.

NO, your Anna shall be pure as the Scandinavian snow when we slide swiftly under the sheets (but not so cold... ha ha).

I interrupt my writing to watch Olympic Games where today Great Britain gain SIX Gold Medals (I personally witness THREE in this evening, which is the girl, Jessica Ennis who is what they call Heptathlon, and the man called Gregory with his long jumping, also fantastic runner who I think is call Farah. This make one proud to be British - which I am not, but never mind one could be if one was to marry a certain Englishman! Are you getting my drift, Georgie?

Bye for now

Your little Swedish boomerang.

No comments: