Tuesday, December 28, 2004

The Festivities

Well, Christmas turned out to be not as bad as I had feared. Hector, dear, I would have loved to have had you over, but you would have had to share a room with Sydney (the East Wing is still subject to the 'condemned' notice, placed by the council in August) and I know you like your privacy. Perhaps New Year?

I decided to put my foot down and insist that George and the Swedish trollop did not share a bedroom. George slept in the 'Blue Room' and the Swede came in with me.
And, do you know, I quite got to like Anastasia. It just goes to show that you should never judge a person until you really get to know them - and I really did get to know her over the next few days. She revealed a whole new side to her that I never thought existed: warm, fun loving, adventurous.

Cecil (our vicar) disgraced himself during 'Charades' - the less said about that the better.

George was all sulky when he could see how well Anastasia and I were getting on.

Sydney invited some of his friends from the 'Drop-In Centre' and mother brought her new boy-friend, Angelo. So you can see we had quite a houseful. (The downside being that so many people puts quite a strain on the lavatorial arrangements - and the drains are still blocked! - still, we all 'mucked-in' so to speak.)

Have to close now - Anastasia wants a little help with her blouse.

No comments: