Wednesday, December 08, 2004

Gas masks and raincoats

Just managed to grab a couple on minutes at the keyboard.

Many thanks to Harrovian for the offer of the gas-mask. May take you up on that. Being the cultivated gentleman that you are, I imagine it is not one of the 'ordinary' ones that the peasantry used to carry in a cardboard box slung around their neck, during the war. Rather, I imagine, it is of the so-called 'Mickey Mouse' type: a proper face mask with two great goggly eyes and a lovely piece of hose down to the chest respirator. Wonderful.
I used to wear one of those whilst doing the hoovering (just a little pleasure), until that awful man expropriated it.

The vicar (Reverend Wilkins) called today. It is the village fete in January (yes, an unusual time of year to hold a fete, but the parking is much easier and we don't get people fainting from the heat - also the meat pies don't go off)

Anyway Cecil (as I call him) is hoping to carry away first prize in the 'Dirty Old Man' contest, now that George has gone. And he wanted to know if he could borrow the monster's old raincoat. I said he could have it, with pleasure. (I hope he didn't misunderstand me).

I am anxiously watching the post for the 'Letter from America' promised by R J Adams (plain cover).

Hope Sydney didn't give the wrong impression about Harry. I don't know what I would have done without him these past few days (or is it weeks?).

Oh. I'll have to stop now - here he comes again.

Georgina

1 comment:

R J Adams said...

Oh, Georgina, I'm so sorry you are anxious. Does that mean you haven't had it yet? R.J.