Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Harrovian

GEORGE SAYS

Sir. I find your interest in youth work admirable. In this day and age, when so many people are out for what they can get, it is refreshing to find someone willing to devout so much of his time to our young people - who are, let's face it, our future.

I will speak to Sydney when he returns home from the cinema. But he is a delicate boy and would have to be treated with care and consideration.

I went into the cellar to get the Christmas tree, but I cannot get it up by myself. How I miss having a man in the house.
We usually have a big party here at the manor and invite all the poor children of the village (I think you would like it) but, quite honestly, I don't feel I can raise the enthusiasm what with all that has happened over the last few weeks.

The only pleasure I have these days is the Hoover; but I must admit that the housework in general has 'gone to the dogs'.

I went down to the pub last night to try and cheer myself up. Miss Winstanley, our postmistress was there. She has recently been 'released into the community' and I must say is looking very well - considering all that is wrong with her.
She seemed to be doing a good trade with her 'postcards' but I don't want to get into all of that again.

I had a phone call from George. Well, it was just heavy breathing - but I know it was him.

A wistful Georgina

No comments: