Wednesday, January 08, 2014

Now then

**********************************************

I know you don't go having a jump in a lift - well, normal folk don't - I was speaking hypothetically. Are you not interested in science and the little conundrums it poses? Well, I am.

By the way - I think your topic for a dissertation is daft. For a start: where is your evidence that the English are sexually repressed? And as for channelling such allegedly repressed energy into conquering other countries... what a slur upon a noble nation that has done so much to spread civilisation around  the globe. 

Another thing: I shall decide when to publish a selfie - no one else. But I do have a recent photograph which, although not strictly speaking a selfie, does convey some of the essential George. I shall publish this.

Yes, I know I haven't written much lately. I just don't seem to have been in the mood. But all that will change.

Now is the time for action. Less of this shilly-shallying about.

Oh, I have found a number of Premium Bonds (you do know what they are, don't you, Anna?) I have had them for 30 years and never won anything, so I am going to cash them. It's only a small amount but I can do with every bit of cash I can lay my hands on.

I am, though, adopting a more relaxed attitude toward fiscal matters. I don't look at bank statements any more.

Last night I dreamt my mother had turned our home into a boarding-house. I was appalled.

George


No comments: