Tuesday, June 07, 2011

Should auld aquaintance...

Good to hear that Mr Adams is still around in Illinois - or perhaps it is New England now!
Anyway, it is evidently not in that Guantanamo Bay place or he would not have access to the internet.

I went for a meal, on my own. In a cafe. As I was eating my 'Flying Start' (which is a sort of small English Breakfast), I noticed some big plastic letters, high up on the wall, which said "Children's  eals". The "m" must have fallen off and I began to worry that it might have fallen on someone's head; the sign is right above the till point and the letters look pretty substantial - like they're made out of some thick grey plastic stuff.

Anyway, Ephraim says that I must stop concerning myself over such things - that I am not responsible for everyone on the planet.

1 comment:

R J Adams said...

Actually, George, it's the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, known to the natives as the 'U.P.'. I've become a Yooper! Some might say I've always been one.