Thursday, December 26, 2013

Christmas with George


Of course nothing is it like the Christmas in my homeland, which is Sweden. But never mind. One cannot have everything - although why not? I ask myself.

No snow falls in this part of England in which I am currently domiciled. There is some frost and ice but also a lot of wet weather. This is why English countryside is so green - always it is raining.

But this does not matter as long as you are with the one you love. Which in my case is currently George.

This story he has written he says is based upon boyhood memory but this I do not think is the truth. I think instead is how George would have liked childhood to be. Because he has told me he is born in what they call two up and two down room house in small terrace in mining village. This house lacks indoor lavatory facilities and also central heating, having instead coal fires (because there is so much coal to be had in a mining village).

But we are having splendid Christmas with plenty of food and wine. And is very cosy. George does not drink as much of the alcohol as he formerly does. He can get all the highs he want from me! This is what I tell him.

We exchange presents on the morning of Christmas. And later visit brother Hector (George brother) for the Christmas luncheon. Hector's ex wife Myra is there. They have most amiable divorce and so are able to take advantage of each other, which is good. This also mean that Hector does not try the amorous advances towards me in presence of Myra. Which is good for him because I would punch him a blow to the groinal area, like I did last time we met. But we all have good happy time this year.

George has fallen asleep by fire and his mouth is open. This is not a festive sight but I shall wake him when I finish this post.

I have finished it.

Anna 



No comments: