Sunday, July 14, 2013

Dave is going to write book. He say that he will use his enforced leisure time to expose the rotten underbelly of so called Western Civilization. And also make some money so he does not have to attend Job Centre ever again.

What will book be about? I ask.

He say it will be a searing indictment of a sick society. A society atomised. Ruled over by a bunch of political gangsters. A nation that has lost its moral compass.

Which is this nation? I ask.

Well, this one of course - say Dave. I am talking about this country: Great Britain - or 'Once great' Britain. He explain to me that book will be in form of novel because this is best way to get across hard facts. Because majority of folks too idle to read important books like Das Capital. So he will do like Dickens done, and also Victor Hugo and Alexander Dumas (have you seen Les Miserables?) and yet also in more modern times George Orwell. Wrap the information in a story. That's the way to get it over to the plebs.

When he mention name George I remind him that you are a writer, also saying important things about humankind. But Dave is very criticising of your writing, saying it is superficial, trivial and so much froth. He say you are politically naive and fiddling while Rome burns. 

I ask him what is this fiddling while Rome burn? He say I would not understand, as it is a classical metaphor. This is going much too farther and so I smack him across side of head with hand. Hard.

One hour later he is whining that ear is still ringing and I may have done to it some permanent damage. I tell him not to be baby.
I also tell him I will not listen to such insult things about your writing. Him only having read some early stuff on blog which is rubbish. I tell him you have also wrote stories and plays and poems and have had stuff published in the long ago past.

So please, why not you write something now on blog which will show Dave how accomplished you are in this writing business?

Yours hopefully

Anna

No comments: