Thursday, July 11, 2013


"We're all in this together"

Yes, but some are further in it than others.


The first quotation is by your prime minister and the second is by Dave.

He hopes you don't mind if I put this on here for him because he is very disheartened at way things go in this country. Unlike you, Georgie, Dave is very politically aware, being of what you call the Left political stance.

He is taking this picture of public house in village of north where Dave come from, and this sad building is where his father (dad he call him) used to drink beer on a regular basis. Leaving Dave mother at home although always bringing back a bottle or maybe two of beer for her.

Dave say to me - Look. This is what recession mean, the destroying of the local community. If my dad could see what has happened to his pub he would be turning over in grave.

I say to Dave - But I thought you told me your father had been cremated.

Dave get angry and say - This is trouble with you Swedes: you are so literal. I was using the metaphor.

And I say - Cannot you see the joke of which I was making? Namely the irony of ashes trying to turn in ground.

Dave accuse me of being disrespectful to father.. But I say no I am not, I am merely making small humour to enliven the day. Anyways, I tell him he can use blog to put photo and maybe small comment, since you, Georgie, are not currently blogging.

Dave is pleased by this. But I tell him - Do not think one may use this blog for a left-whinge platform. (another small joke).

Dave give me a funny look.

Anyway, hopes that you are feeling better and maybe uplifted by my little jokes (even if Dave is not).

Your (non political) Anna

No comments: