Saturday, May 28, 2005

My brain is hurting

Been down the psychiatric out-patients. I got a bit depressed what with all the goings-on.
The psychiatrist, a Mr Singh (nice chap - for a foreigner) told me not to worry; that my behaviour was a sane reaction to an insane situation.
He has prescribed Prozac, which I have been taking in the minimul dosage - and in the morning. He also recommended that I take a holiday.
I said, what, you mean like to Gt Yarmouth? (that's where we used to go when I was little).
He said no, somewhere further afield: new sights, new sounds, new smells, new people.
I said, like Jersey or Guernsey then.
No, he expostulated, have you not thought about crossing the ocean? Going to visit new lands?
He's got something there, I thought. So I forced open the lesbian's filing cabinet and retrieved my passport. (she confiscated it after that regrettable trip to Bangkok - while I still in the clinic).
Anyway I have got my Readers Digest Big Atlas out in front of me, so I will let you know how I get on.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay! You're back. I missed you. And yes, I think a trip over the ocean is just what the doctor ordered. In this case, literally.