Friday, November 09, 2007

"I'm leavin', on a jet plane..."

The lines of that wonderful song by Peter, Paul and Mary are going around and around in my head.

It's all fixed. We're off to Sweden. I've had a letter from Anastasia; here is an expurgated version.

Hello My Georgie,

I am delightful to be having you, here in my country of Sweden. Also your fine son, Sydney - how is the little bugger?

The only fly in the K.Y. Jelly (you see how I am remembering quaint English sayings I learn from you) being that I have only one bedroom flat - so one of you naughty boys will have to share with Anna, and other staying with my brother, Sven. Perhaps Sydney be better staying with Sven because my brother often have young men staying with him at his cabin by the lake; he is such hospitable person. And he will be pleased to have Sydney too, so he tell me, and so Syd might enjoy wholesomeness of young people around his person.


[Para deleted]

Unfortunately I cannot be meeting you at airport since I have important shoot, as we call it, for new video, and also Sven cannot either come for he is directing shoot. So Elof, he will collect you in company van. Unfortunately also, Elof speak very little English, but wonderful actor – with great staying power. So he will bear piece cardboard with GEORGE written on it, so you should be watching for such person at barrier.

I cannot wait to clasp once again to this aching bosom, my Georgie, and of course young master Sydney – not at same time, of course (although such thing might be possible?)



[Para deleted]

So until our tongues once more entwine,


Your Anna

By the way Doctor Tankersley, although all comments are welcome – critical or otherwise - I took exception to your remark suggesting that some people with a PhD in psychology like to pose as medical doctors. You may not be aware of this, but I, myself, have a doctorate in the aforementioned discipline. I have, however, never, led people to believe I was a medic.

There was one occasion when I helped deliver a baby, in a phone box in Hounslow. But that was an emergency, and at no time throughout did I claim to be a medical practitioner.

No comments: