Tuesday, February 23, 2010

I go yesterday for ride on Brian’s bus. This is most satisfactory experience. Brian drives bus that is CIRCULAR – not bus itself is circular but route taken is circular. This mean it start from bus depot and go round certain bit of Purley and back to bus depot.

Brian gives me ticket when I board bus. I do not pay for this ticket because it what is called concession, which mean bus company is not requiring payment from people who is what you call senior citizenry. I am not senior citizenry so perhaps this is illegal – but only a bit.

But I would rather be the passenger than driver of this bus. What a stressing out occupation! Cars and trucks are being driven crazy like – especially white vans. (Brian make joke and say these people have not joined Highway Road Act – I do not understand this.)
We see many such lunatics and they are not bothering to give signals or indication of their intent, instead driving in front of bus and making driver apply very quickly the brakes. If bus is approaching bus stop and people standing in preparation to disembark, then they flung right up to front of bus. This is especially unsuitable for people with the concession ticket because many feeble with walking sticks, some even crutches. This process is adding much to their discomfort and possible injury. (I have concession ticket but am more flexible and able to withstand such knocking about.)

But even though all this happening I enjoy bus trip and will go again.
Though I have given up idea of career as driver. Happy I am for the moment to perform housewife (which I am not) duties.

You ask me if I think you are person who has difficulty with the letting go? Well, you always found it difficult to let go of Anna!! I am sorry - this is joke in the bad taste. Anna should not make such joke when you look to her for help.

I do remember how you were in bad stress when you sold the 4x4. You insisted on cleaning it out and polishing it so like it was brand new. You said it deserved it – like it was a human being. And you also thank it for the service it has given. Also I remember when the charity clothes people come round. You want to give but you find difficult to say goodbye to old clothes. Another thing you tell me is how you hoard up all notes and stuff what you done when studying for the exams and degree. And wife would nag at you to chuck all this useless garbage away. In the end you build big fire in garden and burn all this. But it takes big effort of mind. Then there is the millions of books what you never read but keep in case you are needing something from their pages. Piled upon the floor are these books in your study. One day I say to you – come, I will help you. And we sort all books you never have used for over a year and put them in two bin bags and take to charity shop. I have to hold your hand!!

So I say, Yes, my Georgie, you do have the difficulty in letting go. Perhaps Freddie will help with this?

But please do not go in for the electrifying stuff. You might forget who I am!!

I am your soon to be reunited lover.

Anna

No comments: