Sunday, February 28, 2010

"Savin' all my love for you..."

*******************************************************

Well, St Botolph’s is back online. I said to Freddie, ‘About time too. If you can’t organise a better internet service than this, I will take my custom to another lunatic asylum.’
Freddie just smiled that enigmatic smile of his, and then he said, ‘It sounds very important to you… the internet, I mean.’
‘It is,’ I responded with alacrity, ‘It’s my only way of communicating with the outside world.’
‘How do well do feel you are communicating in here… with you fellow residents?’
‘You mean patients, Freddie, that’s what they are: patients.’ I was getting a bit annoyed, especially as I was trying to log-on at the time.’
‘I see them as residents.’ Replied Freddie, completely unfazed by my tone. ‘What about the staff? Do you feel comfortable with them? Are you able to talk to them?’
I had just managed to log-on to Blogspot, so I said, ‘I don’t mean to be rude, Freddie, but could we leave this until my therapy session?’
‘Of course’ he replied, ‘But I would like you to think of your whole experience here with us as therapy – not just our ‘one-to-one sessions.’
‘I will, Freddie. Promise.’


Now look here my little Swedish saucepot , the wart to which I allude is on the outside of the thigh and not the inside. I have not been embracing any woman, clean or unclean. This is not for the want of opportunity, I might add – there are a few pretty ladies in here, and does not Freddie say that he wishes me to see my whole experience in here as therapy? But have I not told you that I am, as the song says, “Savin’ all my love for you.”
So I thought your response was un-called for, and perhaps a little on the crude side. I know you believe in calling a spade a spade but this time you gave it a real shovel-full. Not to worry, for I know you have only my interests at heart.

As regards Brian and his futon, it is his business if he chooses to reject a big double-bed – and yourself – in favour of this Japanese plank. I do not know why he is so obstinate; he could just sleep beside you, for the warmth and companionship; surely this would not represent a betrayal of his love for Winston? But, as I say, it is his business.

I will close now, they are coming round with the cocoa.

Chastely yours
George

No comments: