Wednesday, February 24, 2010

You want to get that looked at!

*********************************************

Did I tell you about my wart, Anna?

It started as a sort of blemish on my left thigh. I kept touching it, and, almost imperceptibly, it grew bigger. Well, I showed it to Derek the other day (he’s another inmate – self harm) and he said ‘You want to get that looked at.’ So I did.

Not by Freddie, of course: we have other doctors – don’t forget, even mad folk can get physical ailments – and this lovely Indian lady had a shufti at it. She touched it gently with her doctor's fingers and said ‘It is a wart, caused by a viral infection. You can have it removed if you wish. We freeze it with liquid nitrogen.’
‘Thanks, but I’ll leave it for now.’ I said. ‘If it starts to bother me then I will have it done.’
She smiled. ‘Is there anything else I can help you with, this morning?’
‘No thank you,’ I smiled back ‘not that I can think of at the moment.’


I am glad you have decided to eschew the bus driving, Anna. Perhaps it is best if you just jog along as you are for a bit, and wait for something to turn up (like Mr Mcawber said).

Oh, and before I forget: they are updating the computer system here, so I may be off-line for a couple of days. I am just telling you so you won’t panic and think I have been ‘electrified’ - like the West Coast Line (Little joke there!).

Must dash. Breakfast time. Kippers this morning.

Oh, and thanks for your feedback on “letting go”, it was really valuable.
I am working on the “Letting go” thing. It is difficult, but I am improving.

Move along down the bus.

Yours as ever

George

No comments: