Friday, June 21, 2013

Do not yet come over for visit, Georgie, for Dave have very bad cold in the head.

I say to him - Look what nature has done. She has filled space in head with phlegm and snot and other unpleasant variety of mucus . Did not George tell you that nature abhor vacuum?

Of course I am meaning this to be joke but Dave does not laugh. He sit with head covered by cloth, inhaling fumes from filthy stinking stuff in bowl which he say mother always administer him when boy, and he has bad cold.

I tell him - No bloody wonder is it that you have problem with head late in your life. This muck what you inhale as child has probably killed off stone dead certain important cells in brain. Probably in frontal cortex, which is nearest to nose.

Dave mutter something which because of cloth and snot I fail to properly hear, but I do catch word what sound like STUPID and SWEDISH. So I smack him lightly on back of head with hand.
Unfortunately I do fail to take into account close proximity of head to bowl, and also fact of Dave's long nose. This nose is now propelled into bowl just as Dave is inhaling.

There is much chaos to follow as Dave leaps to feet with green stuff issuing from nose and mouth. Also bowl is knocked onto carpet staining badly same nasty shade of green.

Since Dave  is making horrible choking sounds I think he maybe dying, so quickly summon by telephone, the doctor, but by time he arrives, Dave no longer is dying but is not looking healthy.

Anyway, doctor chides him for using such 'old wives' remedies, and asks Dave does he not know we are in 21st century with modern medicines. Then he writes out prescription for some such modern medicine and leave, informing us that he has important golf match to attend.

Dave is not very pleased with Anna so this another reason why best not come.

Anyways let me know how you are.

(Oh and I see wooden bird has escaped from wooden shed. You are very eccentric person, Georgie)

But I like this

Anna

No comments: