Monday, June 10, 2013

I think I was too young to cope with childhood


 

Pen and ink drawing of George as a small boy
























Nothing is as it seems - and even it it were, how would we know?

Glad you found Dave. I told you everything would be all right. I think it would be a nice gesture if you went to see him at the Premier Inn. It may persuade him to come back. The thought that someone really cares about him. You don't have to stay the night. You could arrange to meet and have breakfast with him at the Little Chef.
Anyway, it's up to you. 

But remember, people benefit from a little TLC - failing that, a swift boot up the arse.

I had a nightmare last night. A nuclear war was about to start in the next 24 hours. All  negotiations had broken down and the government had advised the public to prepare for the worst. People were sleeping  on the streets with their furniture... they somehow believed they would be better off than in houses. I found myself imagining what the 'end' would be like: a blinding flash? searing heat? And then nothing? I woke in a bit of a sweat and it took time to convince myself that it had been a dream.

Do you believe in past lives? I'm not sure I do... well not in the usual 'reincarnation' way. I do have a theory though (it's to do with clumps of energy) which I will save for another time.

Anyway I think I (or part of me) may have been a seafaring man in the past

I have always felt an affinity for the sea and sailing - although the only boat I have owned is 'Oscar'. And today I made a railway journey to see the 'tall ships' at Liverpool. I went on board one of them and it was wonderful. It was over 100 years old and had originally been a trawler. Just to tread the deck planks, run your hand over the huge wooden tiller, the ropes, the metal work... and what a fantastic mix of smells. (I wished could have photographed them). It is now owned by a man and his wife (I talked to them)  who live on board and spend most of their time working on the boat to keep it seaworthy. They were sailing to Falmouth the next day. I felt like stowing away.

I've been feeling a bit under the weather, Anna. But I'll dance again!

Let me know about Dave.

Your George

No comments: