Saturday, February 05, 2005

A health problem

I think I have caught something off Carol.

I was a bit snuffly when I got up, and now I really think I am coming down with a cold. It just shows you how dangerous this romantic stuff can be. Now I come to think of it, she was sneezing a bit last night, but she said it was Hay Fever. I must have been stupid - Hay Fever - in February!

I was due to compete in the "6 peaks" race tommorrow, but they can forget that now. Acutally it isn't 6 peaks - it is 6 gradual slopes. Even so, it is a test of fitness and stamina. And it is tradition that the winner has his pick of the "Little Farting Drum Majorettes". So it is a pity I shan't be competing.

By the way, Adams. old sport - I looked up "syntax" in Syd's dictionary "the arrangement of words and phrases to create well- formed sentences" and I realise I have been syntaxing all my life; in fact you could say I was a born syntaxer. So Syd takes after his dad eh!

Pass the parecetemol.

George

1 comment:

R J Adams said...

No, no, George, old boy - not syntaxing -you're getting confused. You've simply been sinning all your life, my dear chap!