Thursday, December 15, 2005

Night

I am naked except for a black T-shirt, which is soaking wet. The reason it is wet is that I am standing in the pouring raid, in the middle of Liverpool. I am confused and frightened. It is night-time, and the few people who hurry by take no notice of me. Nevertheless, I am aware of my nakedness. But I don’t know what to do. I think I am on my way to the train-station, but I have left my brief-case at the university. I am afraid to go back to get it, but also afraid to go forward. I feel so vulnerable, and ashamed. How did I come to be in this place – LIKE THIS!

I continue to stand there. Rain plastering my hair; streaming down my face. Dripping off the T-shirt - which seems to have shrunk – onto my exposed genitals and thighs. Running down my legs and onto my bare feet, which are standing in a river of water, cascading down the pavement. Panic sets in. I DON’T KNOW WHAT TO DO.

With a supreme effort of will, I force myself to wake up. Another nightmare – on the same theme. Of course, I understand the symbolism - I have a Diploma in 'Therapeutic Dreamwork’ – but I can’t stop the nightmares.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry that your dreams distress you so. I wonder what caused this most crushing of nightmares to develop. So many questions;- why black, why naked genitals, how did you get there?
I am sure that, as a trained expert, you can follow the symbolism and the metaphors and gradually unfold them.

Perhaps you could trust Sam to listen to you as you try to put some meaning to this fearful cenario. There seems to be something for both of you in this relationship. It would be good for you to have some visitors, perhaps he would come back if you asked him.
Be strong - paige Turner.

R J Adams said...

I remember you saying you had that same dream when the Swedish tart and Geraldine ran off together. It's obviously a sexual thing, old boy. Sexual insecurity - you mark my words. Now, obviously what you need is a good woman. How about that nurse -eh - Greta, was it? She seems to have a thing for you, dear chap. A good old frolic under the sheets, that's what'll put you to rights, George. You mark my words.