Saturday, December 10, 2005

This too will pass

This too will pass -
Said my brother, in Madras,
As he shovelled down a plate of curried prawns.
And you know, the guy was right –
In the middle of the night
He passed enough to fertilize two lawns.


I find people generally unsatisfactory – especially relatives. Take my brother Hector, for example. Actually I think he is only my half-brother –
but that is another story.

He is nothing like me: he is boorish, insensitive and hopeless at relationships.

Readers of these chronicles will recall that he came to stay for a few days, and had it off with the Swedish tart. Talk about abusing hospitality!

Anyway, he has sent me a postcard (the lesbian must have told him I was in here) and he says he is going to come and see me. He must want something. Well he needn’t bother.

I penned that little piece of doggerel verse after an unpleasant incident just before we left India. (My father moved us all out there after the scandal) I include it here only to indicate the sort of person my brother turned out to be.

Oh – I have just looked at that ‘Sisters Under The Duvet’ website! This is frightful! I must see if I can get an injunction to stop her.

No comments: