Sunday, May 20, 2007

When in Rome...

I am worried about Georgie.

He is big strong man. How can he be doing in his back with the piddling little ‘occupational therapy’? That is what I would like to know.

I am thinking has he been put on the ‘hard labour’? As is category of punishment doled out by courts in your behind the times, uncivilised country, for which I am glad I do not have work permit.

You British, you think you bring civilisation to whole world. Rowlocks! is what I say. You send missionaries out to Africa and India and such places what are minding their own business, and get poor natives to cover themselves up because of your Puritan beliefs, while at the same time you are oppressive of them and steal their wealth while calling them Johnny Foreigner. And then you wonder why you get British heads chopped off up the Congo.

We in Sweden are far ahead of you in civilisation stakes. We are not ruled by gang of inbred aristocratics with the receding chin and hooked nose, and the silly secret societies of the moronic lodges with the rolled-up trouser legs and the baring of chest, and funny handshakes.
We are having true democracy in secularised society.

And you treat women abdominally! They like the secondary class citizen when it comes to getting top jobs and that. Why, for example, is no woman Archbishop of Canterbury? Or York? Not that I would want job like that – even if I had work permit. What you call clergy I say bunch of weirdos in funny hats and cloaks, chanting in ancient languages what nobody understand, and swinging incense bottle on string. What’s all that about?

Maybe is why you English so repressed where sex is concerned. So mentally unhealthy: anally retentive and worse.

Getting back to get back to Georgie – say what you like but he is not bad guy, even though we have had our downs and ups. I remember how he took me into his house and gave me bed and board, in return for only household tasks - and sometimes personal attention.

And I say to Georgina – sorry, I mean CHARLIE – it is not right to be advertising his things like this. But she say, we cannot be storing all that junk, we need room for our seminals and sleep-overs and training and that, as our movement grows. Sisterhood (under the duvet) aims to bring changes like of the which you never did dream. Even though we do attract some right nutters (no names). United we stand, together we fall.

I agree with her but I manage to save his collection of ‘self-help’ books (37 of them) which I put in Adidas training bag to take with me when I go visit him in loony bin.

It is getting dark. Soon be time to light joss-sticks and sit in circle holding hands and making Omm noise. Oh well… when in Rome, bring it on – that’s what I say.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Damn it! Anna, I'd put in a bid on those self help books.