Saturday, November 19, 2011

Anna: update

***************************************


Marks & Spencer’s café – Friday 11th November.

I am going to reincarnate myself – she said.
You mean reinvent yourself – I responded.
Reincarnate… reinvent… what does matter? Is same thing.
To reincarnate you have to be dead, first – I quipped.
You English and your bloody silly language – she snorted.
I decided to backtrack.
Well I think that is a good thing… for you to reinvent yourself, I mean.
What, you are not liking Anna in her present invention?
Of course. What I mean is… well, I have reinvented myself several times.
Yes, but Anna is not making such a bloody mess of it like as what you have.
I decided to change the subject – I see you are still wearing that perfume. So… sensuous…powerful. It hit me as I was passing the carrot cake.
Yes, brother Sven he send me some… in diplomatic bag.
Diplomatic bag! - I expostulated.
Is little Swedish joke – she laughed, pleased that she had caught me - Of course he send by normal postal service which is crap in your country.
If you dislike our country so much why did you sneak back in?
I do not sneak back. I never leave.
But I thought you had been deported.
Hah! Such stupid immigrant officials. No wonder country overrun with bloody foreigners.
Like yourself – I joked. This, I realised as I wiped the lemon-merengue from my face, was a mistake.
I am not foreigner – she screamed – I am from Sweden, not some half-arsed country what has only just been drawn on map!
Sorry. Of course. But I see now why it is necessary for you to reinvent yourself – I said.
She calmed down. You catching on quick, boyo.
Boyo?
Just little word I pick up from Welsh gentleman friend. Which is not all I pick up from the bastard, but this is by the wayside.
So how...
When officials come for to collect me, I am no longer there, having successfully transposed myself to flat of girlfriend Sylvia, above shop of man who sell special meat for Jewish peoples.
That’s nice – I said.
No. Is not nice. You should experience awful stink what comes up through cracks in floorboards. Which is bringing me to present point of meeting we are now enjoying.

[more on this story later]

No comments: