Saturday, December 10, 2011

Sprouts

*********************************************************

I should have eaten more of my sprouts
At dinner 
Before starting on my pud
I know I should

They were a lovely colour
Bright green they were
The size of golf balls
But they were hard
And I thought sprouts which are hard
May be hard
To digest
So I left the rest

But that's the way they cook them
Nowadays
They tell me


There's a name for this kind of cooking
And they told me -

But I can't remember it

Anyway, I feared hard sprouts may harm
My digestion
- There's always a question
Mark about
One's digestion -
So I left some
Some of these lovely sprouts
So green and bright and
Fresh looking

Cooking them further may have
Spoiled the colour
Cooking them fuller
May have made them go
A pale yellow
And all  mushy

And now I come to think of it
They may have been more crisp
Than hard

Given another chance I would eat
All of them

No comments: