Monday, February 27, 2012

**************************************

On MSN I saw a photo of David and Victoria Beckham, with the information that this couple and other 'A-listers' had been at some function 'partying the night away.'

And I thought, it would be nice to be an A-lister. I think I'd like that. But how do I get to become one, Anna? Tell me that, if you please.

I'm not a footballer, a pop-star, a celebrity chef or any of that stuff, so what do I have to do to get on the 'list'? Any list, for that matter. I'd settle for being on the B or even the C list.

I bet it's good to be famous - or failing that, infamous. I wouldn't mind being hounded by the paparazzi - or having my phone hacked.

Perhaps if I had the money to employ that PR bloke - Max Clifford, I think his name is - he could get me onto one of the lists. But then again, if I had that sort of money I'd probably already be an 'A lister', and I'd be paying him to keep my name OUT of the papers.


**************************


I am planning a short sojourn in the Principality of Wales. I don't think you have had the pleasure of this land before, so I am inviting you to come and stay the weekend.


You can get a train from Leicester and change at Crewe for Llandudno. This is a fine Victorian resort which I am sure you will enjoy.


I know a small family hotel where I often stay (if you are a friend of mine you get an extra sausage - when you're least expecting it). We will, of course, occupy separate rooms (on the same floor)and share expenses.


I suggest you arrive in time for luncheon on Saturday - there is a splendid fish restaurant called 'Tri-Bells'. In the afternoon we can go for a walk on the promenade, and perhaps watch a performance of 'Professor Codman's Wooden Headed Follies'


For our evening meal I suggest 'Home Cookin', a family restaurant which boasts a varied menu - reasonable prices. There are many fine public houses serving a selection of real ales, so you will be able to fill your Swedish boots.


Our evening could end with a romantic stroll along the pier.


What do you think?


George

No comments: