Friday, May 02, 2014

This and that

*************************************

Here is another photo I took on one of my lone walks (without you, Anna)


I didn't notice the cyclist until after I had taken the picture (on my mobile phone). Or perhaps I did, subconsciously.

At any rate it is a happy accident... as discussed in the book 'The Accidental Masterpiece' by Michael Limmelman. Now, I'm not saying this is a masterpiece but the fortuitous cyclist adds that touch.

I see Jeremy Clarkson has got into trouble for using the 'n' word (it took me a bit to figure what that was) on tv. Apparently he recited that old nursery rhyme: 'Eeny, meeny, myny, mo'. 

It just goes to show (I'm not sure what).

Anyway, this won't get the cat washed. I'm going.

Your waiting

George

1 comment:

R J Adams said...

I felt there was something familiar about your photo, George. Are those bollards at the side of the pool by the rushes? Is it, indeed, one of those gloriously, secluded, canal wharfs we would frequent in times of yore? Ah, those blissful summer days: muddied waters, wood smoke, diesel fumes, and the occasional kingfisher.
Yet, surely that's an estuary to the right? I cannot place this spot. Enlighten me, George, please do.
Jeremy Clarkson makes his (rather robust) living from being in trouble.