Saturday, November 19, 2005

THEM

Shadowy figures in my head, lurking, waiting until I am asleep to enact their crazy dramas
Sometimes they can’t wait, and I hear them just as I am about to drop off – the odd snatch of a phrase, sometimes just one word; whispers in the back of my head, occasionally a shout – which startles me.
Lately they have been getting bolder, and I hear them during the day – sudden, unexpected.
But it is in my dreams that they really come into their own: indulging their wild fantasies. But of course, it is not fantasy to them – only to me. For them it is reality.
Mostly I stand and watch – just on the edge of the action. But often they get me to join in, to play a part – maybe several parts. So that I am both spectator AND player.
The scenarios are becoming more bizarre; the plots more convoluted. And the violence is escalating.
And the terrible thing is… I know it is not ‘them and me’ – they ARE me. I am THEM.

No comments: