Tuesday, October 09, 2012

How was it for you?

******************************************************

WOW! What a weekend that was, Anna. I've done nothing but sleep since I got back - it must have been all the fresh air.

It was good to get back in the saddle. I had forgotten how the simple pleasures of life can be the most enjoyable: pedals, turning, wheels spinning, the wind in your hair. Wonderful.

It was decent of Mr Wormold to fix us up with cycles. Did you notice how his eyes filled with tears when he handed over his wife's bike to you? And he said how good it was to see two young (?)people enjoying what his wife and he used to do so often - before she left him.

Actually, I found the seat of his bike quite hard. But he said he likes a hard leather one - its more manly. 

And what a great job they've made in turning that disused railway line into a cycle track. Mr Wormold told me it is part of the Trans-Leicester Way and is used by cyclists from all over the midlands - and further afield.

I asked him if Railway Hotel was a listed building. But he said, No, it was just a bit of subsidence. (it is the only hotel room I have stayed in where you walk, uphill to the bed). Still, I am not grumbling; the bed was lovely and soft, and springy.

I was wondering if I should publish (on the blog) some of the photos we took. What do you think? Perhaps they are a bit personal? To us, I mean. And yet the autumn colours were so lovely: the leaves and the mellow stone of the old railway arches in the late afternoon sun, that I feel I want to share them with everybody.

Well, I have lots more to say so will write again.

George

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations and much applaus old Georgie.. you finally broke that duck! yes, publish the images.. we need evidence.