Wednesday, October 03, 2012



Oh dear Georgie 

You are getting yourself into that state again which you must be careful of avoiding.  Do not be concerning oneself about everybody. You are like man in The catcher in the rye - but this I have told you previously.

As you know Sweden is the mainly secular country but do have some churches of which I am not member. Recently I see there comes Church of Kopimism which believe sharing of information to be holy. They taking the piss - or what? Anyways I also believe it good to share information when I got any to share, and I have.

Remember how I tell you of how Dave is depressed and acting strangely, well two days since he say to me, I think I need to see doctor about mental condition, like my depression which is now considerably bothering me. But I am fearful to go because he might send me to the hospital for treatment, and I do not wish to be connected to electricity supply and given the ECT.

I therefore say to him, do not be worrying. I shall accompany you to see physician, for I have much experience regarding mental disturbance - and I tell him about you. I say you were much more mentally disturbed than what he is, and that you making recovery, although slowly.

He is grateful for my kind offer and so we go, and doctor ask lots of questions and then he says, I will prescribe for you these medication anti-depressants which you must take in mornings, two. And I say to doctor, and what is name of this medication? And then he says name (which I will not include here for certain reasons) and I say to him, hang about there, doc, this drug is banned in Sweden for its addictification. And doctor says, well we are in UK and is not banned here. And I say, but how can drug be addictive in Sweden but not in this country?

Then he say to me, if you do not mind my asking - what is your relationship to the patient (he mean Dave). And I say, but I do mind you asking such personal question. Relations as Dave and oneself enjoy are our own business.

And he say, I mean are you his spouse, or his partner or friend? Or perhaps you are his carer?

But I refuse to answer this question and we leave with piece of prescription paper, which look like been signed by small toddler who cannot yet write his name.

Then we go to pharmacy in big store and on counter is notice which say - Mr Wilkins is today's Responsible Pharmacist.( actually name is not Mr Wilkins but a foreign one which I do not wish to replicate  in case one is accused of racial intimidation.)

Anyways, Dave -seeking to make joke - say "But I would like to see the IRRESPONSIBLE Pharmacist." And girl behind counter does not smile but say "Yes, everybody says that." 

Dave experience embarrassment so I quickly interject myself by saying "He is a bit mentally disturbed, so if you please be giving us medication as written on paper."

But then after we wait for long time, silly cow come back and say we do not have these medications in at this time so could you come back tomorrow?

No - I tell her. Give back to me prescription and we go find proper chemist. Which we do, in back street. And he supply us with pills.

So now I have shared this information with you I shall return to your problems of which I do not trivialise them. This depression is very bad thing - sometimes called BLACK DOG - which has Mr Churchill prime minister. But also to have feeling of treacle in veins must be scarifying like you can't move about with ease. What I say to you is to keep taking the medications and also take the exercise, regular because this great help.

As regarding those persons who will not talk nor yet discus, they probably cannot help themself in being such way,  but  neither be wasting time with this type of person.  Bid them farewell, with perhaps appropriate phrase such as "Bugger off".

Another thing to help you would be to do something  like take action. And to help you thus I have arrange weekend at Cycle track hotel. Where I will look after your every need and cheer you up.

Hoping you are both up for it and up to it.

Look forwards to hearing you.

Your loving Anna.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

go on georgie, get on yer bike, and fill yer boots!

R J Adams said...

Well, I'm with 'Anonymous', George. (Though why people can't use their real names, or at least a pseudonym, is beyond me). Why are you sitting around feeling sorry for yourself when there's a good woman waiting to throw herself at you? Is it that you really enjoy depression? Some people do, you know. You keep shying away from a weekend with the Swedish tart. What's bugging you, man? Get in there and enjoy yourself. As we used to say about the army -"It'll make a man of you!"

Larry Sproat said...

Depression? Its all in the mind.