Wednesday, March 19, 2014

An elephant never forgets - but it doesn't bear a grudge

*******************************************




This elephant is in the early stages of training, hence the boy with a steadying hand on its back. Later, due to the high death rate, it became illegal to employ small boys in the circus.

I don't know why Richard Lovelace was in prison, or which prison he was in. Typical of you pedantic Swedes to ask such questions. I mean, what does it matter? It's the poem that's important.

Anyway, to get back to elephants: How do you know they are jolly?
Just because they wear funny hats and troop round the ring holding one another's tails and doing un-elephant like things with their trunk doesn't necessarily mean they are jolly. (How would you like to have to do something unseemly with your nose just to amuse kids?).
They know that if they want their dinner they have to do these silly tricks. 

Another thing: I don't like clowns. I don't think they are funny. Scary, yes - but not funny.
I like the lady on the trapeze though, and the high wire. Now that is dangerously entertaining.

My back is much better, thank you for enquiring. I'm not saying I could perform on the flying trapeze but it is perfectly functional for my lifestyle.

Well, I can't stay here typing - I have much to do.

Au revoir

George

No comments: