Saturday, March 22, 2014

'One Good Run'

*********************************

I was going to say: I know how you feel. But nobody can know how anyone else feels.

I have been on a downer myself. Still, don't two negatives make a positive? I don't know, I was never any good at maths. We could pretend it does! And if we pretend hard enough, perhaps it may come true!

'One Good Run' is the title of a biography of Burt Munro who, at the age of nearly seventy, broke the world speed record on a motorbike. They made a film with Anthony Hopkins: The Fastest Indian, which I saw some time ago. Anyway, somebody has lent me the book, and it inspired me to get out my motorbike, and start it -  for the first time this year.

No - I do not intend to try for the world land speed record! But we could have a spin around the lanes of this pleasant land. What do you think?

You've still got your leathers and you know how you like a good blast.

That title 'One Good Run'... . Burt was aiming for one good run that would get him the title, but I think you could apply it to life. Suppose you've only got 'one run'. Why not make it a good one!

But enough of this philosophying.

I shall go and check my equipment (crash-hat, gloves and stuff).

My throttle fingers are already twitching.

George





No comments: