Thursday, March 20, 2014

Rites of passage

*********************************

I like your idea of conjugal rites... sounds more interesting than conjugal rights!

Yes, I know Ayn Rand. She caused quite a stir in her time (and still does).  'Atlas Shrugged', ( her longest novel) is considered a classic - for good reason. You may not agree with all her ideas but this is a brilliant piece of writing. Yes, there's a lot to get the old Swedish molars into there.

And by the way, I was not having a go at your nose. It is a beautiful nose, as I think I have told you often enough. You are getting a bit paranoid (you're not smoking that marijuana again are you? I know what you students are like).

Yours is the most pragmatic approach to the Richard Lovelace poem that I have come across. I wonder if Althea would tell him it's all over in a poem of her own? A sort of rhyming 'Dear John'.

I shall give it some thought.

And I am surprised at you Anna:  It's not politically correct to say 'homosexual' any more - the word now is 'gay'. And even so, riding a folding bicycle on campus surely does not provide any indication of a person's sexual proclivities, does it?

George

No comments: