Monday, November 15, 2004

Conference

Yesterday (Sunday) I attended a conference on OCD - in Manchester. I went with my friend Alison, and we had a good day. The workshops and speakers were excellnt, and although a lot of what was said was not new to me, some of it certainly was.

(I was there both as someone 'in the trade' and a sufferer... slightly)

I especially liked the guy from the University of Wales, talking about 'mindfulness' as a way of dealing with OCD. Well, as a way of living really.

A long wait for a sausage and egg sandwich in the Retro pub but it was fine when it arrived.

We couldn't find where we had parked the car (country bumpkins, not used to the big city) but were helped out by two 0' them new-fangled 'warden' people. The young girl was from Inverness. What was she doing so far from home? I didn't ask.

No comments: