Monday, November 29, 2004

The Pogues

I am going to see The Pogues at Manchester on December 12th.
I am going on my own (Aw!). I did ask the au pair, but once she knew she would have to pay for her own ticket, she began to swear volubly at me in Spanish. I don't speak any foreign language (except American) so it went right over my head.

But just wait until she wants me to give her a lift to her English class!

It's a pity Kirsty McColl will not be with the Pogues - I wonder how they will do 'Fairytale of New York'.

It's not the first time I have been to a concert on my own, so I will be ok. I know not to speak to any strangers (unless they are women) and to come straight home afterwards.
Although the last time - when I saw 'The Seekers' I met an ex student who persuaded her husband to give me a lift home. Chris, her name was. So if you see this, Chris, thanks.


No comments: