Saturday, November 20, 2004

That goup

Ok. So some upstart 'group' has quoted me without my permission. It isn't the first time someone has appropriated my work. It is, as they say, the curse of genius.
Take, for example, when I told Robert Pirsig about my idea for a book describing my travels across Great Britain on a bicycle. It was also to be a metaphysical journey into my unconscious mind, culminating in reuniting with my alter ego 'George'. And since it described the part the Anglican church had played in my life, a working title was 'Christianity and the care of the pedal-cycle'
Need I say more! Pirsig gets there first with his (inferior) paperback, and has never needed to work since!

Currently I am working on a novel based upon the inland waterways ,'Effect Without Cause' Just you watch - someone will try to beat me to it.

(in response to R J Adams)


No comments: