Saturday, January 26, 2013

Unpleasantness looms

******************************************************

 I wrote to Hector (as I promised you I would, Anna) informing him I wanted nothing more to do with his awful book.

He has telephoned me and said that his novel is (as I think I suspected) 'semi-autobiographical'. He hinted darkly that, as you and I appear in it, it might be in my interest to proof-read further chapters!

He also told me that his 'working title' is:  Where my underpants have rested.

Well, the man is a scoundrel but what could I do, except tell him to send me another chapter!

Yours in trepidation

George


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Here in the US we have children's book series called "Captain Underpants." I suspect it's not as *interesting* as Hector's book sounds, though.