Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Can't think of a title

*********************************
Well you sure spat a boot-full there, Anna. I couldn't have said it better myself - well, I could, but not in such picturesque language.


I watched the tv news last night: people all over the world knocking hell out of each other. What is going on? Folk stuck in the middle; refugees, starving and frightened out of their wits; loved ones dead or maimed. I saw Damascus - bombed and shelled, shattered buildings that were once, someone's home. 

Wasn't it on the road to Damascus that Paul experienced his epiphany? If he'd been walking along that road today he'd probably have experienced a rocket in his earhole.

And all in the name of some 'cause'.

Here's a poem I wrote some time ago. It wasn't about the Middle East - it was a bit nearer to home.


Well, Anna, I can't sit here all morning, I have work to do, places to go, people to meet.

Besides, I need the lavatory.

George





No comments: