Monday, July 21, 2014

Despatches from the front

******************************************



I was going to give some background to the above two notes (written at different times) but I remembered the words of my old Commanding Officer: Never complain, never explain. And he remained true to this motto, even at his Court Martial.

The last time I saw him, he still looked resplendent in uniform; he was working as a Traffic Warden in Slough and he booked me for being 5 minutes over the meter time. He was writing out a ticket as I reached my car. I didn't complain, and he didn't explain. 

Regarding your intention of taking the Vice Principal to an Industrial Tribunal for 'unfair dismissal': I think it all hinges on whether you used 'reasonable force' to eject him from the premises (his own premises). It might come down to your word against his and, whilst in no way do I wish to prejudge the issue, as someone who has experienced the savagery of your 'half-nelson', I would not be surprised if he produces an 'expert witness'; probably the doctor who attended to his neck at A & E. 

You say the brace is a sham? That may be so. On the other hand...
Anyway, it is for you to decide. Of course I will appear as a character witness if you do proceed, but perhaps Dave would be a better bet in this case?

On a lighter note.
                          Well, Anna, who would have thought we would have 'taken to the floor' this weekend. Ballroom Dancing! I'm glad I enrolled us on that course, although I had serious reservations. I mean, I have never learned to dance - Disco dancing, I can hold my own with anyone, but I mean proper dancing, where you have to learn the steps and everything.
.
For the one hour lesson I forgot about everything else (and you know I have a lot to forget about).  I came out of the place with a head clearer than it had been for a few days.

Looking forward to the Tea Dance. 

See you Wednesday

George

No comments: