Thursday, August 14, 2014

If you must split hairs...

***************************

Ok. So I was assitant deep-sea diver. I worked for a small company responsible for anchoring some of the first wind- turbines off the North-Wales coast.  My job was to lower the diver and bring him up - slowly, so as to prevent the 'bends'. I was also responsible for operating and maintaining the pump supplying him with air. I did my job so well that he never got the bends and was always properly supplied with air. This meant he was never off work, and because they only had the one suit I never got a chance to go down below. In the end I got bored, and left.

A scooter would be great - I like the idea. There is just the question of money!

Yes, tonight for the dancing. I will meet you at the usual place. By the way, you haven't got a spare tenner have you? Hector has just bummed £10 off me to take Mrs B out for a drink. You see, that's my trouble - too generous by half.

Anyway, let us shelve fiscal matters and take to the floor!

George

No comments: