Monday, August 11, 2014

The TANGO Georgie! Can you imagine that! 
Well of course you can because we were doing it only yesterday. This I would never have thought to have been happening. Such a fiery, passionate dance, is it not?

I am enjoying all the dances we are learning, which are waltz, rumba, foxtrot, rock an roll - and of course - Tango.

Now, as I tell you, I am not discussing with Dave your state of mind. Do not you think I am learned in English enough to know the phrase 'crisis of conscience'? You are forgetting one does plenty reading for one's academic studies, and this phrase have I encountered - plus many more English idioms.

Anyways, enough of that. But regarding what you say about casualties of war - yes, I understand that war has impact upon everyone (does not your poet John Donne say: 'No man is an island... therefore send not to ask for whom the bell tolls...'? I suppose that were he to be writing poem today he might say '... therefore send not to ask for whom the missile seeks.' 

But them for whom missile lands on head, it has more impact than them for whom it is seen on tv news.

I resume tonight my job as bartender, because I apologise to twonk of vice-principal . (part of agreement is that I do not call him the other T word).

Thursday is my night off so perhaps we could get together for more dance practice, do you think?

Your partner

Anna

No comments: